There's no single universal term relating to disability that is accepted by everyone in every situation. When we need to use one or two words to cover all these groups we say ‘disability’ or ‘disabled student’ as an inclusive term to cover all students who are entitled to this support and adjustment for their study.
You're entitled to support and adjustments to teaching, assessments and study materials and activities if you have:
- a physical or sensory disability
- an ongoing health condition
- an ongoing mental health difficulty
- a specific learning difficulty such as dyslexia
- an autistic spectrum condition
- a speech or language difficulty.
If you're still unsure whether you'd be entitled to support, speak to the Disability Support Team - their contact details are in Contacts for disability support.
Take a look at timescale for getting disability support to find out how tell us about your disability and the additional needs you may have .