Skip to content

Toggle service links

Who can get disability support

A wealth of support for study-related needs is readily available for all students, such as support with assignments from a tutor and accessible module materials. There is also additional support based on your disability or condition.

If you're an apprentice, contact to learn what support is available for you.

You're entitled to support and adjustments to teaching, assessments and study materials and activities if you have:

  • a physical or sensory disability
  • an ongoing health condition
  • an ongoing mental health difficulty
  • a specific learning difficulty such as dyslexia
  • an autistic spectrum condition
  • a speech or language difficulty.

You'll need to provide supporting evidence of your disability to access our additional specialist services. These services include:

  • non-medical help support
  • support for services at residential schools
  • specialist alternative formats of module materials
  • equipment loans
  • alternative exam arrangements

If you're still unsure whether you'd be entitled to support, contact the Disability Support Team.

Last updated 1 month ago