Tips for languages students
- Regular practice will make you more fluent and confident. Last minute cramming is difficult!
- Little and often produces good results. Intensive, focused revision will help you to absorb new language structures.
- Arrange vocabulary alphabetically, under topics or according to word families.
- Learn the appropriate article at the same time as the new word (e.g., le/la/les, der/die/das).
- Write notes and language structures without looking at your module material. You'll be pleasantly surprised by what you can remember. Then work on the things you didn't get right.
- Do any exercises you haven't done before.
- Find someone to talk to in the language.
- Use the language to summarise a unit, saying what you have learnt about the theme.