Skip to content

Toggle service links

Requesting access to the data we hold about you

The Open University (OU) collects and processes personal data in order to provide services to you. You have a right to see the records we hold about you by making a subject access request (SAR).

You can make a SAR verbally or in writing by contacting our Data Protection Officer at:

The Data Protection Officer
PO Box 497
The Open University
Walton Hall
Milton Keynes
Telephone: +44 (0)1908 653994
Mon to Fri 09:00 - 16:00

In line with the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UKGDPR) we'll respond to your request within a calendar month (this can only be extended or refused in exceptional situations). If we need further information from you, the calendar month period starts once we have received this further information.

There are also a number of other rights you have in relation to your personal data, see Student Privacy Notice for more details.

If you believe we haven’t followed policy, or you have a complaint relating to our use of your data, for example, if you believe information about you has been shared with another organisation without your permission, email the Information Rights Team on

Last updated 1 month ago