For current or former students (within last 3 years)
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter and join our LinkedIn group.
- See our Careers webinars and forums (requires sign in).
- Request a careers consultation for one-to-one support by email, phone or Skype (requires sign in).
For prospective or former students (over 3 years ago)
We can provide careers information to help you decide what to study at the OU. If you need further careers support before studying please use the following resources:
- England - National Careers Service
- Wales - Careers Wales
- Scotland - My World of Work
- Northern Ireland - Careers Service Northern Ireland
- Republic of Ireland - There is no national adult careers guidance service in the Republic of Ireland. Try the following:
- Contact your local educational/career guidance agency.
- If studying, contact your institution's careers adviser or guidance counsellor.
- Visit AONTAS for educational guidance contacts.
- Advertise vacancies free on our job site.
- Find out about our services for employers.
- for any other queries.
Your career planning guide
Deciding what you want to do with your career can feel like the start of an exciting journey, but it can also feel daunting if you're not sure where to start. This guide will help you:
- Learn about yourself and your skills
- Explore different careers, sectors and the world of work
- Make informed decisions about your career
- Plan your career journey
- Look and apply for jobs and work experience