For current or former students (within last 3 years)
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter and join our LinkedIn group.
- See our Careers webinars and forums (requires sign in).
- For one-to-one support by email, phone or Skype request a careers consultation (requires sign in).
For prospective or former students (over 3 years ago)
We can provide careers information to help you decide what to study at the OU. If you need further careers support before studying you can use the following resources:
- England - National Careers Service
- Wales - Careers Wales
- Scotland - My World of Work
- Northern Ireland - Careers Service Northern Ireland
For the Republic of Ireland as there is no national adult careers guidance service in the Republic of Ireland. You could try contacting your local educational/career guidance agency. If studying, contact your institution's careers adviser or guidance counsellor or visit AONTAS for educational guidance contacts.
- Advertise vacancies free on our job site.
- Find out about our services for employers.
- Contact us by email for any other queries
Your Career Planning Guide
Deciding what you want to do with your career can feel like the start of an exciting journey, but it can also feel daunting if you're not sure where to start. Your Career Planning Guide is available to all students, you'll need to be signed in to access the guide.