Becoming a teacher
If you’re considering a career in teaching, there are a few things you may like to think about, such as:
- What personal attributes you need.
- What skills, experience and qualifications you’ll need.
- What age range you want to teach.
- What training routes are available to you based on your location or where you intend to teach.
- What funding is available.
We’ve produced guides to help you reflect on your motivations, skills and experiences and decide whether a career in teaching is for you. They include information on the qualifications you’ll need, and training routes and funding. If you have a disability, you'll also find links to resources and organisations who can provide extra support.
Download a Becoming a teacher guide relevant to your nation.