The Open University (OU) and The Open University Students Association Relationship Agreement
In May 2020, The Open University made some major changes to The Open University (OU) and The Open University Students Association Relationship Agreement.
The changes made
- Minor editorial changes
- The line ‘there shall be an organisation of students of the University whose constitution, powers and funding shall be prescribed by Ordinance’ is now referred to as Clause 19 rather than Clause 18
- Clarification that the OU Students Association’s governing document is its Articles of Association, which have taken the place of its constitution
- The OU Students Association Constitution is now referred to as the Articles of Association
- Update to refer to the Anti-Fraud, Bribery and Corruption Policy
- Expansion of section covering the sharing of academic governance and Boards of Studies papers
- Expansion of section covering the right to attend committees remotely or in person
- Confirmation that Student representatives will be included on all senior executive appointment panels as standard.
- Major amendments to Appendix 2, with additional sections of student satisfaction and the Student Charter
Please talk to your Student Support Team if you need any further information. You can find out how to contact them on Contact the OU.