Dignity and Respect Policy
In March 2020, The Open University updated its Dignity and Respect Policy. This policy can be used to help deal with any form of bullying and harassment in Open University contexts between:
- students experiencing bullying and harassment (all students, including elected officers and other representatives of the OU Students Association, regardless of whether or not they are a current student, who feel bullied and harassed);
- staff who experience bullying and harassment by a current or former student occurring on approved premises/locations including residential schools, tutorials, day schools, designated online spaces, and research supervision sessions and during telephone conversations.
The changes made
- Section 1.3: Inclusion of social media spaces and non-OU hosted forums.
- Section 1.3: Removal of reference to reporting to social network platform owners in the event of cyber bullying on external social network environments.
- Table 1: Inclusion of social media spaces and non-OU hosted forums.
- Table 2: Inclusion of social media spaces and non-OU hosted forums.
Please talk to your Student Support Team if you need any further information. You can find out how to contact them on Contact the OU.