Conditions of Registration 2019/20
Warning: the content within this page reflects the information available to students in the 2019/20 academic year. As such, this information may no longer be factually accurate.
The Open University has now published the new Conditions of Registration for the academic year 2019/20. This supersedes the previous document, which covered Conditions of Registration for the academic year 2018/19. This document has had some significant policy changes.
The Conditions of Registration set out the terms and conditions (“Conditions”) that apply to registration for undergraduate and postgraduate taught modules and qualifications studied with The Open University.
These Conditions of Registration apply to students who register for undergraduate and taught postgraduate modules and qualifications, and set out the terms of the agreement between students and The Open University, including their rights and obligations as a student.
The changes made
- Rewording of section A2 in line with changing practice in sector and to assist in removing barriers for students with legal restrictions and conditions, as well as upholding our safeguarding responsibilities.
- Addition of paragraph A5.3 to clarify what students may be able to study if they are in the UK on a visa other than a student, working or visitor visa, with less than 12 months left of its duration.
- Addition of paragraph A7.5 to stipulate why we may limit available places on a course and actions we will take if the limit is reached.
- Clarification added to paragraph B3.3 to confirm that checks to ensure the correct fee has been paid may be made at any time, including beyond module start.
- Addition of paragraph C6 to give greater clarity around tutorial availability.
- Addition of paragraph C7 to make clear measures that we may use to monitor students’ study and how this information may be used.
- Addition of Channel Islands to Ap1.5 to clarify that students who are prisoners and are resident on the Channel Islands are able to study with us.
Please talk to your student support team if you need any further information. You can find out how to contact them on Contact the OU.