MSc and Postgraduate Diploma in Science and Society (F48 and E35) - Qualification withdrawal
The Open University will withdraw the following two postgraduate qualifications:
- The MSc in Science and Society (F48) will be withdrawn at the end of December 2017.
- The Postgraduate Diploma in Science and Society (E35) will be withdrawn at the end of December 2016.
To be eligible for either of these qualifications, students will need to complete all academic requirements before they are withdrawn.
Final module start dates
Please be aware that certain modules modules that count towards these qualifications will be withdrawn prior to the qualification withdrawal dates:
- Communicating science in the information age (SH804) will begin for the final time in in February 2015
- Contemporary issues in science learning (SEH806) will begin for the final time in in February 2015
- MSc project module (S810) (MSc only) will begin for the final time in in November 2018
What students need to do
- Complete their studies by the 31 December 2016 (for E35) or 31 December 2017 (for F48).
- If a student needs to re-sit an exam or an EMA for their final module they will have until 31 December 2017 (for E35) or 31 December 2018 (for F48).
- If a student doesn't manage to complete their qualification before it’s withdrawn, they should consider transferring to another one such as the MSc in Science (F12) or the MSc in Professional Science (F60).
Please talk to your Student Support Team if you need any further information. You can find out how to contact them on Contact the OU.